1. I hated Pulp Fiction the first time I saw it, but for some reason watched it again a week later and loved it. Now I watch movies I think are bad twice on occasion just to see if I’m missing out. (Exception: Michael Bay movies or ones that are really bad.)
2. I saw The Dark Knight 7 times in the theater. I’ve only watched it twice on DVD.
3. Like Luke, my favorite director is also Martin Scorsese. The Coen Brothers and Francis Ford Coppola are close behind, though.
4. One movie that’s super acclaimed that I will never, ever watch is Bridge on the River Kwai. It just looks like something I could never sit through.
5. Out of all the movies I’ve seen, I probably think about There Will Be Blood or No Country for Old Men more than any of them. This is mostly because they are from the same year and thinking about one leads to the other, but also because they are two of the greatest movies made in the past 30 years.
6. Brad Pitt is a good actor, but I really don’t like that many of his movies even though I’m a guy and I’m “supposed to.”
7. My two favorite actors are Meryl Streep and Daniel Day-Lewis. If they ever did a movie together, the script wouldn’t even matter.
8. TV Shows like Mad Men and The Sopranos are better than 90% of the movies that come out these days.
9. I consider myself a huge movie buff, but I don’t want to sit around for hours and discuss the French New Wave or German Expressionism. I’d rather watch the movies.
10. My guilty pleasure movie is The Devil Wears Prada. I know it doesn’t utilize anything revolutionary or tell a new kind of story, but come on. Meryl Streep’s power to carry a movie has never been more prevalent.